Advanced Email Threat Protection for Google Apps (G Suite)
Protect your G Suite deployment against email attacks that use identity deception.
Adoption of cloud email continues to grow, with Google’s G Suite (formerly Google Apps) gaining traction with small and medium-sized enterprises. Unfortunately, Google is also the largest cloud-based target of phishing attacks. To secure your deployment and protect your gmail users, you need to augment your email security to address today’s most damaging threats.
Built-in G Suite Protection Is No Match for Identity Deception
Email is the preferred cyber-crime attack vector and the entry point for 95% of the world’s breaches*. While G Suite provides good enough security to stop spam, known viruses and malware, it won’t secure you against the most sophisticated email attacks such as Business Email Compromise or spear phishing that rely on identity deception. In fact, identity deception is so effective that it is used in nearly all advanced email attacks. To stop these attacks a new model focused on determining sender trust and message authenticity is required, of which G Suite was never designed for.
*Verizon , “2017 Data Breach Report” http://www.verizonenterprise.com/resources/reports/rp_data-breach-digest-2017-perspective-is-reality_xg_en.pdf
G Suite email security works best for:
- Stopping new and existing spam attacks
- Managing unwanted bulk email such as newsletters
- Detecting large-scale scattershot attacks that use: malicious attachments, malicious URLs
Agari fortifies G Suite by stopping:
- Business Email Compromise and spear phishing
- Low-volume, targeted email attacks that use identity deception
- Social engineering-based attacks that contain no malicious content
- Spam attacks missed by Google
A View From the Trenches
Customer: Next-Generation ATP for email provider
Environment: Gmail for G Suite + Agari Enterprise Protect
Attacker Goal: Corporate tax document theft
Tactic: Targeted, social-engineered email using display name deception with a look-alike domain, and no malicious URL or attachments included
Result: Blocked by Agari Enterprise Protect
Fortify G Suite With Trust-Based Security Attackers Can’t Evade
Other approaches rely on trying to predict or detect bad behavior or malicious content. This works if attackers don’t evolve and innovate. Only Agari creates a model of trusted email by analyzing your organization’s inbound email and correlating it with billions of emails every day from the world’s largest email providers, including Google, Microsoft and Yahoo. Then, that trust model is used to categorize and prevent attacks using identity deception from reaching your employees’ inboxes.
G Suite + Agari: An Unbeatable Combination
- Integrated Identity-based threat detection with machine learning that stops advanced email attacks
- Cloud-native architecture for seamless integration with Gmail for G Suite
- Access to email attack forensics intelligence to help prioritize security incidents and automate remediation actions