Advanced Email Threat Protection for Microsoft Exchange
Remove the blindspot for on-premise email gateways—identity deception.
Microsoft Exchange is the dominant email platform for enterprises. Given that email is the attack vector of choice for hackers, organizations continue to deploy secure email gateways in front of their internal Exchange infrastructure to protect valuable corporate data and to guard against threats that impact productivity. Despite this layer of protection, targeted email attacks still account for over 90% of successful intrusions. If you are relying on an email gateway for on-premises email protection, you need Agari to deliver protection against advanced attacks such as spear phishing and business email compromise.
Securing Email Gateways Alone Is Not Enough
Secure Email Gateways (SEGs) are failing to protect on-premise Microsoft Exchange environments from advanced email attacks. While SEGs may provide good enough security to stop spam, known viruses and malware, they won’t secure your environment against the most sophisticated email attacks such as Business Email Compromise or spear phishing that rely on identity deception. In fact, identity deception is so effective that it is used in nearly all advanced email attacks. To stop these attacks a new model focused on determining sender trust and message authenticity is required, of which existing Secure Email Gateways were never designed for.
Secure Email Gateways works best for:
- Stopping new and existing spam attacks
- Managing unwanted bulk email such as newsletters
- Detecting large-scale scattershot attacks that use: malicious attachments, malicious URLs
Agari fortifies Secure Email Gateways by stopping:
- Business Email Compromise and spear phishing
- Low-volume, targeted email attacks that use identity deception
- Social engineering-based attacks that contain no malicious content
- Spam attacks missed by the gateway
A View From the Trenches
Customer: Leading automotive parts provider
Environment: Symantec Messaging Gateway + Agari Enterprise Protect
Attacker Goal: Advanced Persistent Threat
Tactic: Targeted, social-engineered email using display name deception with a evasive malicious URL
Result: Blocked by Agari Enterprise Protect
Agari Stops What Your Secure Email Gateway Cannot
Agari works with your existing email gateway solution to stop highly targeted, carefully crafted spear phishing emails. Other approaches rely on trying to predict or detect bad behavior or malicious content. This works if attackers didn’t evolve and innovate. Only Agari creates a model of trusted email by analyzing your organization’s inbound email and correlating it with billions of emails every day from the world’s largest email providers, including Google, Microsoft and Yahoo. Then, that trust model is used to categorize and prevent attacks using identity deception from reaching your employees’ inboxes.
Securing Exchange With Agari
- Integrated Identity-based threat detection with machine learning that stops advanced email attacks
- On-premise and inline architecture for seamless integration with Secure Email Gateways
- Access to email attack forensics intelligence to help prioritize security incidents and automate remediation actions