Total Economic Impact Study Shows Increased Revenue, Reduced Costs and ROI of 326 Percent
SAN MATEO, Calif. – Sept. 6, 2016 – Agari, a leading cybersecurity company, today released the results of a commissioned Total Economic Impact™ study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Agari, which examined the return on investment (ROI) companies can expect when using Agari Customer Protect to prevent email phishing attacks that target consumers and damage company brands. The results showed that for a composite organization, based on interviews with four participating customers, Agari Customer Protect was able to increase customer engagement and grow revenue while reducing operational costs, with a total ROI of 326 percent and six-month payback period.
The subjects of the study were four Agari customers, each a leader in its respective industry: healthcare, e-commerce, social media and internet publishing. According to the study, by using Agari Customer Protect, these organizations each stopped tens of millions of malicious emails in the first six months and generated millions of dollars of revenue every year from increased customer engagement from increases in email click-through rates.
Groupon, one of the customers interviewed but not named in the study, is a global e-commerce marketplace that connects millions of subscribers with local merchants in more than 25 countries worldwide. According to Ryan Boyd, postmaster and director of deliverability for Groupon, “Groupon is always working to improve email security on all fronts. To protect our customers and ensure their trust in our email communication, we are constantly vigilant for potential phishing attacks. With Agari, we’re able to protect our customers and our brand reputation, while maximizing consumer click-through rates.”
Based on interviews with the four participating customers, Forrester created a representative composite company and associated ROI analysis to enable organizations to model the benefits of implementing the Agari Email Trust Platform™:
- Increased return from customer engagement: By stopping tens of millions of malicious emails from being sent under the organization’s brand name over six months, consumers had a higher level of trust in their received emails. As a result, the organization generated an increase in revenue of more than $16.5 million per year, with the increased response to email campaigns resulting in a profit of more than $4.9 million over three years.
- Reduced need for customer support: By reducing the number of malicious emails being received by consumers, customer support calls dropped 92 percent. As a result, the organization was able to save more than $1.4 million in call center support over three years.
- Lower cost of cybersecurity insurance: By taking a proactive approach to addressing the impact of fraud that targeted its customers, the organization was able to negotiate a lower rate for cybersecurity insurance. As a result, the company saved $875,000 over three years.
“Organizations today are fighting a battle against cyber criminals who are increasingly exploiting their brand name to scam victims by email,” said Ravi Khatod, CEO of Agari. “Companies of all types are losing millions of dollars in revenue each year because customers are becoming more reluctant to click on their emails and calling customer service to determine if emails are legitimate. This new Forrester TEI study highlights what we’ve always known: the Agari platform not only stops these types of cyberattacks, but also enables companies to grow their businesses by putting trust back in their emails.”
- Download the study: The Total Economic Impact of Agari Customer Protect
- Check out our upcoming webinar: Connecting Security to Revenue: Real-life Successes Protecting Customer-facing Email
- Read Groupon’s blog about their deployment of the Agari platform: DMARC at Groupon
Agari, a leading cybersecurity company, is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies to protect their enterprise, partners and customers from advanced email phishing attacks. The Agari Email Trust Platform™ is the industry’s only solution that ‘understands’ the true sender of emails, leveraging the company’s proprietary, global email telemetry network and patent-pending, predictive Agari Trust Analytics to identify and stop phishing attacks. The platform powers Agari Enterprise Protect, which help organizations protect themselves from advanced spear phishing attacks, and Agari Customer Protect, which protects consumers from email attacks that spoof enterprise brands. Agari, a recipient of the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award and recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor in Security, is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners and Scale Venture Partners. Learn more at https://www.agari.com and follow us on Twitter @AgariInc.
# # #