This case study of Merck & Co. Inc. is based on an April 2018 survey of Agari customers by TechValidate, a third-party research service.
We were able to increase customer trust and dramatically reduce the number of phishing attacks by using Agari Brand Protection. We were able to protect our domains and products from brand abuse. We ended up rejecting 80K emails using DMARC policy.
Merck & Co. evaluated and ultimately selected Agari Brand Protection to:
- Protect employees against business email compromise or executive spoofing attacks that use their email domain
- Protect against domain spoofing mails and spam
- Control authorized email marketing vendors
The key features and functionalities of Agari that Merck & Co. finds most valuable include:
- DMARC, SPF, DKIM Email Authentication Policy Management
- Third-Party Email Sender Discovery, Management & Governance
- Visibility, Forensics & Threat Intelligence
- Brand Abuse Monitoring
Before selecting Agari, Merck & Co. also evaluated the following vendors:
- DMARC Analyzer
- An in-house solution
Merck & Co. reported having problems with targeted inbound email attacks.
Merck & Co. achieved the following results with Agari:
- Protection against new phishing attacks using look-alike domains
- Email governance, compliance, and prevention of shadow IT
- Protection of newly acquired domains (i.e. defensive, M&A)
- Detection and management of new third-party email senders for their domains
- Management of Senders
Merck & Co. rated Agari’s Brand Protection detection and prevention capabilities as follows:
- Achievement of authentication goals: Significantly better than the competition
- Ease of use: Better than the competition
- Reporting & forensics: Better than the competition
- Third-party sender management: Better than the competition
- DMARC expertise: Better than the competition
Source: Satheerthan Nair, IT Architect, Merck & Co., Inc.
Research by TechValidate