FOSTER CITY, Calif. and LONDON (April 15, 2021) – Interest in the Trust 2021 conference soared in the wake of the newly released FBI IC3 fraud report that stated business email compromise (BEC) and other email-based threats accelerated. An analysis of the reports showed that financially motivated fraud added up to $3.5 billion in losses, equaling 70% of all cybercrime losses in 2020.
CISO organizations have their hands full trying to protect their companies from wily cybercriminals who have shifted to socially-engineered phishing and brand spoofing attacks. These types of fraud include BEC ($1.9B), romance scams ($600M), investment scams ($336M), spoofing ($217M), real estate scams ($213M), government impersonation scams ($110M), advance fee fraud ($83M), employment fraud ($62M), lottery scams ($61M), and re-shipping scams ($3M), according to the FBI IC3 report published in March 2021.
CISOs and other InfoSec leaders at the world’s largest enterprises gathered virtually this week at Trust 2021, the only global cybersecurity conference dedicated to the exchanging of ideas that advance next-generation email security.
“Every year, the financial losses due to BEC set a new record, and 2020 was no different. The cybersecurity industry can and must do better.” Patrick Peterson, Agari CEO & Founder, “It’s imperative the industry and our customers come together to create a virtual organization that works together to stop these attacks.Trust 2021 was a great leap forward toward that mission, and we will continue to work in collaboration with our customers and partners in the private and public sectors to ensure humanity prevails over evil.”
The inaugural class of leading cybersecurity sponsors was impressive. Cisco, Microsoft, and Entrust are premier sponsors. Menlo Security, KnowBe4, Attivo Networks, LaSalle Solutions and Culture.AI are presenting sponsors, with Kudelski Security and SilverSky exhibiting. All sponsorship categories were sold out in 2021. To inquire about a sponsorship at Trust 2022, contact [email protected].
The speakers at the Trust conference included:
- Munawar Hossain, Director of Product Management, Cisco
- Graham Cluley, Security Blogger, Researcher, Podcaster & Public Speaker, Smashing Security Podcast
- Teresa Walsh, Global Head of Intelligence, FS-ISAC
- Joe Uchill, Sr. Reporter, SC Magazine
- Mitchell Parker, CISO, Indiana University Health
- Kevin DeLange, VP & CISO, IGT
- Nick Edwards, VP of Product, Menlo Security
- Mick Baccio, Global Security Advisor, Splunk
- Dennis Leber, CISO & CTO, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Jim Routh, Board Member, Advisor, & Investor
- Robert Wagner, Staff Security Specialist, Splunk
- Kimberly Bryant, Founder, Black Girls Code
- Meredith Harper, VP & CISO, Eli Lilly & Company
- Jason Wescott, Principal Program Manager, Microsoft
- Alexander Resch, Criminal Intelligence Officer, Interpol
- Tom Atkins, Regional VP, Attivo Networks
- Andy Greenberg, Sr. Writer at WIRED & Author of Sandworm
- Philip Reitinger, President & CEO, Global Cyber Alliance
- Chris Bailey, VP of Strategy & Business Development, Entrust
- Udeme Ukutt, Postmaster & Email Thought Leader, LinkedIn
- Don Cardinal, Managing Director, Financial Data Exchange
- Robert Wood, CISO, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Ed Amoroso, CEO & Founder, TAG Cyber
- Steven Robb, President, LaSalle Solutions
- James McQuiggan, Security Awareness Advocate, KnowBe4
- Marc Luescher, Network & Email Security Architect, Fresenius Medical Care
- Anne Coulombe, Head of Data Protection, MassMutual
- Steve Potestio, VP & Sr. Manager of Information Security, TD Bank Group
- James Moore, CEO & Founder, CultureAI
Trust 2021 sessions will remain available on-demand for all registrants to watch until April 30, 2021. You can register today to access exclusive sessions and game-changing insights.
ABOUT TRUST 2021
Trust 2021 is the next-generation email security industry conference. It is a virtual industry event, created to bring together the best and brightest minds in security. Each year attendees experience two days of peer-to-peer networking, knowledge sharing, and non-stop learning of strategies and tactics that are immediately actionable. Each year CISOs with global enterprises, IT security professionals, and cybersecurity influencers gather with a common goal: share what’s working to stop all types of phishing attacks. Agari, the Trusted Email Identity Company™, is the founding sponsor of the Trust conference now in its fifth year.