CISO Virtual Event: Combatting the Rising Threat of Email Based Attacks
The sophistication of email-based threats has risen dramatically, and traditional methods are unable to combat email based attacks in realtime. At the same time, an increasing portion of society is now exposed to the threat, with nation-state attacks providing criminal inspiration to enterprise attackers and also leading to trickle-down effects on consumer fraud. To make matters worse, benchmarking efforts fail to recognize that targeted threats, while representing an almost negligible portion of the entire volume of the threat, correspond to an outsized portion of the losses.
Argyle Executive Forum, in partnership with Agari, brought together leading IT and Information Security executives from a variety of industries to discuss these topics in this on-demand webinar discussion.
Watch the on-demand webinar for an in-depth discussion, where panelists
- Analyzed common attacks and discussed trends
- Reviewed the benefits and shortcomings of traditional security technologies
- Provided alternative perspectives of the issues, based on an understanding of the necessary constraints faced by an attacker wishing to be successful
- Explored methods to reverse these negative trends
- Markus Jakobsson, Chief Scientist, Agari
- Frank DePaola, Cybersecurity Operations Leader, GE Appliances
- John Newcomer, Senior Vice President, Information Security, Citi
- Trent Ridgway, Head of Infrastructure and Security, Anson Industries
- Gordon Merrill, Cyber Security Principal Consulting Engineer, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennesse